This is an absolute must share! As soon as I first saw and bought these shadows I knew it was necessary to share it with all of you. I feel like a bit of a makeup addict failure at the moment, I can’t believe I’ve only JUST discovered these pretty little things!
Stila launched their Shimmer and Glow Eye Shadow last year and later released their Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow. They got so much love from everyone that they’re continuing to make more shades in the glitter glow, and they currently have limited edition spring shades as online exclusives.
- Packaging – small square containers with either gold or rose gold twist top lids.
- Applicator – flat, doe foot applicator. It’s perfect for smoothing over the eyelids and getting into those small spaces.
- Shades – Shimmer & Glow 11 shades, Glitter & Glow 3 shades (with more to come soon).
- Texture – smooth and creamy. Some shades are slightly more sheer than others but all colours are pretty opaque. There is a shimmer and a chunky glitter (in G&G), that goes on very smoothly and settles on the lid perfectly.
- Staying Power – coming from a person with the oiliest eye lids, I’m so impressed with the staying power of these. With both textures I found they stayed on better when applied after applying a powder base over the lid. I only started to notice creasing after about 7 hours.
- Apply this eyeshadow to the lid with your finger and let it set. If you need to blend out the edges do it slowly with a small brush.
- When you remove this product, you can end up with a very glittery face. Use a separate cotton pad on your eyes versus the rest of your face for an easy clean up!
(From top to bottom)
Swatches of my current favourite shades:
- TWIG Shimmering warm chestnut-brown.
- JEZEBEL Shimmering rose gold.
- BRONZED BELL Bronze with silver and copper sparkle.
I would absolutely recommend these liquid shadows to anyone from beginner to pro makeup artist. They’re quick and easy to use with long staying power and such a great selection of colours, making it so easy to create different looks new and old.
Check out a video clip of the swatches on my Instagram @makeupbysarahct
Love Sarah x